Integrated amplifier with fully-balanced analog circuitry pre-amp, high power digital amp and XLR balanced inputs
A Truly Smart and High-Quality Hi-Fi System
- ABLETEC Class-D Power Amplifier with Maximum Available Output of 120W +120W (4 ohms)
We are devoted to finding high-output audio components capable of efficiently driving full-scale speakers while still achieving singular audio quality. For that reason, we specifically selected for our AX-501 the ABLETEC ALC0240 digital power amplifier for the AX-501.
A maximum power output of 120W+120W with low power consumption of 68W(at max level) delivers powerful, convincing audio reproduction.
This next-generation integrated amplifier consumes 0.5W in power-saving mode.
- XLR Balanced Input Terminals for USB DAC Balanced Connection
XLR balanced output terminals have grown increasingly common in recent years, moving beyond their niche of high-end hi-fi equipment even to compact USB DAC models. The AX-501 features XLR balanced input terminals that allow balanced connection to high-quality USB DAC equipment to cancel out external noise and achieve an unadulterated transmission of high-quality audio signals from the USB DAC to the power amplifier.
- Fully-balanced Circuitry to Eliminate Unwanted Analog Circuit Noise
In addition to support for balanced connections, a fully-balanced approach for the pre-amp analog circuits supplies constant balanced signals through the entire AX-501 work-flow until they are input to the power amplifier. This configuration is highly resistant to external circuit noise.
- CCLC System for High Linearity Headphone Output
The AX-501 features a headphone output with audio quality optimized for headphone listening, a feature increasingly popular in recent years. The CCLC(Coupling Capacitor-Less Circuit) system keeps the coupling free of capacitors; ensuring a stronger signal reaches the headphones to achieve accurate audio reproduction.
- Large Capacity Toroidal-Core Power Transformer
An over-sized Troidal-core power transformer helps deliver high-quality sound without sacrificing energy-efficiency and the unit's compact imentions.
Conventional diodes produce rectification noise that negatively affects the sound of other units. To combat this, TEAC installed Schottky Barrier Diodes to supply a cleaner internal current and reduce rectification noise
Carefully Designed Hardware Accommodates any High-Standard Listening Environment
- No Cooling-Fan, for Quiet Operation
Efforts to eliminate noise and ensure high-quality audio playback are meaningless if the amplifier itself generates noise. Careful selection and efficient placement of potential heat-generating components during circuit and chassis combine to create a compact, high-performance design that doesn't require cooling fans.
- A Full-Metal Construction and Small Footprint for Any Desktop Set-up
Not only the front panel, both side and top panels are made of aluminum panels and attached to a robust steel shassis. These heavy parts eliminate vibrations, and allow all internal circuits to always perform under stable conditions. An A4-size body allows users to place the unit small spaces. The Reference 501 series defines a new standard that fits all modern interior with great space-saving design and a timeless presence.
- A Large Number of Inputs Allow Users to Integrate Full-Scale Hi-Fi Systems
A key feature of the AX-501 is its large number of input terminals, allowing users to connect both current and future audio components along with full-scale audio systems. In addition to the XLR input terminals ideally suited for USB DAC connections, the AX-501 incorporates three sets of RCA analog input terminals.The AX-501 with its minimalistic is much more than just a PC audio system. The speaker terminals use large terminals compatible with both banana plugs and AWG8 speaker cables for versatile speaker connections. The AC power supply cable is detachable, with a 3-pin inlet incase users choose to upgrade to ultrahigh-grade AC cables.
- Well-Designed User Interface
- A firm-torqued volume with a machined aluminum knob, and toggle type main power switch give the user assured operation. The remote control with aluminum facia gives the unit an elegant appearance and very precise volume control in paces of approximately 0.5dB.
To help contribute to the musical atmosphere is the classiest characteistic of the AX-501, the 4-step dimmable backlight(Normal, Dark, Very Dark or Off), and dual analog meters. The level meters can be turned off, as well.
- ALC0240 Class-D Power Amplifier by ABLETEC
- A fully-balanced approach used for the analog circuits on the pre-amplifier
- Maximum 120W + 120W of output power for practical use (at 4ohms impedance)
- Toroidal-core Power Transformer
- Schottky Barrier diodes for power supply circuits
- Full-metal body
- Dual analog level meters with dimmable backlight
- Headphone amplifier that employs CCLC system
- 3RCA analog line inputs
- 1XLR analog balanced inputs
- Screw-type speaker terminals (AWG8 and Banana-Plug compatible)
- Headphone out
- Aluminum-weighted volume knob
- Remote control
- 3-pin AC socket with a detachable AC cable