Flagship Turntable that combines style with excellent peformance,
including a Dual-material Chassis, “PRS3” and Hi-Res Digital Output.
The TEAC TN-570 has been awarded Product of the Year by Everything Audio Network
The TN-570 is a flagship turntable designed with the concept of combining high style with excellent performance as an analog turntable, while delivering Hi-Res quality digital audio. The TN-570 provides virtue of analog sound in the highest standard for audiophile who have loved it for decades, and entry-level users who have just begun to have a real interest.
The cabinet combines artificial marble with high-density MDF in a two-layer sandwich structure (Dual-material Chassis). In addition to assuring a high feedback margin, this design realizes clear sound by abating the inherent resonant frequencies of different materials by combining them. The power train employs a belt drive with an automatic rotation adjustment mechanism (Platter Rotation Speed Servo System, or "PRS3") designed by TEAC. Changes in the platter rotation speed are immediately detected by an optical sensor and used as feedback for the motor speed. This allows high-precision rotation speed that can compete with heavyweight-class belt drive and direct drive systems, while allowing a sleek and stylish cabinet design.
With an MM-type Phono EQ Amplifier and an A/D converter built in the TN-570, the optical digital output delivers up to 24-bit/192kHz digital audio signal which is equivalent to Hi-Res Audio quality, while a USB port does up to 16-bit/48kHz to PC/Mac, in addition to conventional Phono/Line analog audio outputs. By connecting these digital and analog outputs to a D/A Converter unit and Analog Amplifier, the TN-570 provides new hybrid ways to enjoy listening to vinyl records choosing either analog or digital audio output.
Possibilities include experiencing how the sound differs according to the connected D/A converter, and building digital music archive by recording vinyl records on a computer. The TN-570 have been made in the design of the fundamental performance of the analog components without compromises.
High-precision Rotation Speed that compares to Direct-drive
- ■ Cogging-free Belt-drive with Platter Rotation Sensing Servo System (PRS3)
This drive system employs a new PRS3 (Platter Rotation Speed Servo System) that detects insensible changes of the platter rotation speed by a contactless optical sensor settled at the spindle base, and controls motor speed after calculation by an on-board microcomputer. It realizes a Belt-drive mechanism with higher precision that is not outdone by Direct-drive turntables. The TN-570 achieved both sleek design and cogging-free rotation precision that compares to a Direct-drive.
What is Cogging? Cogging is a phenomenon in which the periodic attraction of the armature and rotor inside the motor is dependent on the rotation angle, resulting in a fine pulsing. For example, if you turn the axle of a motor with your fingers, you'll feel the rotation occurring in steps. This phenomenon is cogging.
In order to eliminate the cogging on the Direct-drive turntable, it requires a large numbers of poles in a motor, and complex circuits and mechanism to achieve smooth rotation. As a result, the drive unit itself must be huge, and this prevents making the cabinet sleek and elegant.
- ■ Electrical-controlled Speed Selector
The speed selector employs an electronically-controlled speed changing mechanism between 33-1/3 rpm and 45 rpm, which does not require bothersome processes of changing the pulley to another one with different diameter.
Not only speed selector knob, an EP adapter employs a machined aluminum knob for prestigious feeling.
- ■ Clear Acrylic Platter that merges elegance with silence
The 16mm-thick full-size platter made of acrylic resin with high transparency, shines beautifully, reflecting the surroundings according to the light level suppresses unwanted sympathetic vibrations. Together with the pattern of the artificial marble, it presents a unique elegance.
- ■ High-precision Spindle and Anti-static Carbon-coated Base
By applying carbon coating to the spindle bearing, hardness is increased and electrification is controlled, providing excellent static electricity performance.
- ■ Large Torque Motor with a floating structure
- Employing a rubber cushion, a large torque motor is settled to float when attached to the chassis. This suppresses the transmission of vibrations from the motor to the chassis.
- ■ Flat-type Belt
- A flat belt is employed to reliably transmit energy to the motor drive. A urethane flat belt that has little stretch is employed to reliably drive the acrylic platter. It is also very quiet and provides excellent durability.
- ■ Chassis with Dual Layer structure realizes both weight and style
The cabinet employs artificial marble with high-density MDF. By combining different materials in a two-layer structure, this design abates their inherent resonant frequencies and realizes a clear sound, allowing the artists voices, which are inscribed in the grooves of the record, to come out vividly.
The artificial marble not only contributes to the elegant appearance, it is also excellent in terms of weight, allowing the turntable to realize a heaviness of about 9 kg while retaining a slim and stylish form. While it has a rigid structure, it is also able to assure a high feedback margin.
- ■ Honeycomb-shaped Bottom Case
The bottom cover employs a honeycomb pattern that prevents unwanted sympathetic vibrations. The thin bottom cover, which melds into the stylish design, uses a honeycomb structure for the interior to prevent unwanted sympathetic vibrations.
- ■ Height Adjustable Feet
The four machined aluminum feet can have their heights adjusted independently. This allows the turntable to be set up on surfaces that are not flat. In addition, rubber with excellent cushioning is used between where the feet are installed and the body of the unit to suppress the feedback of sound to the cabinet.
- ■ Newly designed Tone-arm with Anti-skating Mechanism
The static-balanced S-shaped tone-arm features high flexibility. You can adjust the tone-arm height optimally for the shell and cartridge you are using. Also, a high-quality PC-Triple C* conductor cables are employed for the tone-arm cable, so that the phono signal captured by the needle from the delicate vinyl record is transmitted with pure quality.
What is PC-Triple C? PC-Triple C stands for "Pure Copper-Continuous Crystal Construction" allows signals to flow smoothly by eliminating signal obstructions. With high conductivity and excellent sound characteristics, this new material is expected to become a replacement for PCOCC. (Made in Japan by FCM, a subsidiary of Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.)
- ■ Built-in Phono Equalizing Amplifier
- Since a phono equalizing amplifier is built-in, you'll enjoy vinyl record sound by connecting the TN-570 directly to an existing amplifier that do not equip phono inputs. In addition, the phono equalizing amplifier employs an OPA1602 SoundPlus® Op-amp which is designed to provide highquality audio. The detailed analog signal transmitted from the cartridge is restored to the original audio signal without distortion and lossess.
- ■ MM-type Cartridges by audio-technica
An MM-type cartridge equivalent to audio-technica AT100E is already installed at the factory, as the universal type head-shell employs PC-Triple C wiring for pure signal travel.
- ■ Optical/USB Digital and Phono/Line Analog Outputs
With a high-precision A/D converter made by Cirrus Logic, the TN-570 delivers optical digital output up to 192kHz/24-bit PCM which is equivalent to Hi-Res Audio, while a USB output delivers up to 48kHz/16-bit digital audio to your PC. These two outputs allows you to save your vinyl collection digitally on a PC/Mac or CD-R/RW discs for car hi-fi, or enjoy superior details of the sound by connecting to your favorite D/A Converter unit.
In the analog audio output part, a pair of gold-plated RCA Pin jacks deliver either Phono or Line level output to fit your existing hi-fi system.
- ■ Detachable Dust Cover
By removing the dust cover from the unit, you and your guests will enjoy to see how music revives from vinyl record.
- ■ Optional Turntable sheet made of Japanese "WASHI" paper sold separately
Turntable sheets are typically made of silicon rubber, felt or cork, for example. As result of investigating various materials, however, we concluded that Japanese paper "WASHI" is suitable in terms of both design and performance. This is the first time that WASHI, which has good vibration suppression and static electricity resistance as well as great style, has been employed for turntable sheets.
SKU: TA-TS30UN-BW (Sold separately)
- 45 and 33-1/3 rpm 2-speed Cogging-free Belt Drive Turntable
- “PRS3” Platter Rotation Sensing Servo System for Precise Rotate Speed
- Sleek Resonance-free Dual Material Compound by Marble Stone and High-density MDF
- Crystal Clear Acrylic Platter with Perimeter Belt Drive
- High-precision Spindle with Anti-static Carbon-coated base
- Height Adjustable Anti-skating Tone-arm with PC-Triple C Wiring
- Universal Head-shell with PC-Triple C Wiring
- OPA1602 SoundPlus® Op-amp for Built-in Phono EQ Amplifier
- MM Cartridge supplied from audio-technica
- Built-in A/D Converter by Cirrus Logic and 24-bit/192kHz via Optical Digital Output
- 16-bit/48kHz USB Digital Output
- Honeycomb-shaped Bottom Case
- Height Adjustable Feet
- Machined Aluminum EP Adapter
- Optional Reversible Static-free "WASHI" Turntable Sheet (SKU: TA-TS30UN-BW, Sold separately)